ConnectBot is an essential tool for the sysadmin on the move, or the stationary sysadmin on the beach. It’s a fully functional SSH client packed with useful features, including:
- Multiple concurrent connections that stay open in the background
- Port forwarding
- Key management, for password-less logins
A clever feature is ‘URL Scan’ which grabs anything that looks like a URL from the terminal and presents a list where you can click to open it in the browser.
Ideally you’d use this with a physical keyboard, both for speed and screen space reasons. Even so, it’s perfectly usable with a virtual keyboard and there are plenty of customisable features to make life easier in that scenario.
ConnectBot is extremely useful to have around, especially in an emergency, and is actively developed. Highly recommended.
- Web Site:http://code.google.com/p/connectbot/
- Source Code:http://github.com/kruton/connectbot/
- Issue Tracker:http://code.google.com/p/connectbot/issues/list
Available in the Android Market (scan/click the QR code opposite) or, of course, via the FDroid repository.