Client 0.50 releasedPosted on 2013-08-21 by CiaranG
The latest release of the F-Droid Repository Client, version 0.50, is now available. You can download it from the home page or, if you already have an earlier version installed, just update.
Main changes since 0.46:
- New basic app sharing functionality.
- Handle f-droid.org web repo as well as market:// app uris.
- Search by just typing on main screen and search results screen.
- Flattr and Bitcoin donation methods added.
- Noticeable speedups when returning from installs and uninstalls.
- Add back to home buttons to the ActionBar.
- The client will no longer recommend versions newer than the current or incompatible with the device.
- Switched to using standard Android locations for cached files rather than the .fdroid directory on the SD card.
- Fix for crash at boot time where the SD card was slow to initialise (bug introduced in 0.46)
- Lots of bug fixes.
- Lots of translation updates.
As usual, if you have problems or feature requests, talk to the issue tracker, join us in the Forum or visit #fdroid on FreeNode.