- The app is now also available in Dutch
Compared to other weather apps for the Netherlands (e.g. Buienradar), here are some reasons to use NLWeer instead:
* It is open-source and can be customized/improved by anyone if needed
* It does not nor never will display commercial advertisements
* It does not require any permissions
* It is very lightweight and battery friendly
* It does not require the Google Play Services
But there are reasons as well not to use NLWeer (for now at least):
* It doesn't use location information on the map
* It doesn't produce a rain-forecast graph for your location
* It doesn't include a written weather forecast
* It doesn't include data from Buienradar (yet)
This app has features you may not like.
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid
This version requires Android 5.0 or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.
have full network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.