aTox, a beautiful and modern Tox client.
aTox is a free open-source messaging app for the Tox protocol.
- Open-source: free to share, inspect, and change as you like.
- Reasonable: sane defaults, no guesses about what you care about, doesn't ignore what you want.
- End-to-end encrypted: the only people who can see your conversations are the people you're talking to.
- Distributed: no central servers that can be taken down or compelled to turn over data.
- Lightweight: no telemetry, ads, or other forms of monitoring.
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid
This version requires Android 4.4 or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.
take pictures and videosThis app can take pictures and record videos using the camera at any time.
run foreground serviceAllows the app to make use of foreground services.
have full network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
run at startupAllows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the app to slow down the overall phone by always running.