- no Google Services dependencies, only necessary permissions (fine and coarse location, internet, foreground service)
- may connect to several map providers
- acceptable performance on slow GPRS-EDGE networks
- may find coarse location by phone cell without GPS
- displays and saves cell info ( MCC, MNC, LAC, CID )
- may create waypoints with GPS without phone and internet connections
- all waypoints are stored on a memory card
- waypoint lists may be stored in any number of files (that is, be grouped by locality or in any other way)
- waypoint lists may be exported/imported in the GPX format, compatible with many navigators and software
- finds location only by explicit user's command, so is very mild on the battery
- since v2.6 there are options of writing tracks and exporting them in the GPX format; GPX tracks from other devices may be viewed
- NOT implemented: map offline caching, routing, photo and video point attachments, serving cold beer :)
- for pure open distributions, that lack API keys and access to some services, there're options to enter user's own keys
This app has features you may not like. Learn more!
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid
This version requires Android 5.0 or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.
access approximate location (network-based) only in the foregroundThis app can get your location based on network sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi networks, but only when the app is in the foreground. These location services must be turned on and available on your phone for the app to be able to use them.
access precise location only in the foregroundThis app can get your exact location only when it is in the foreground. These location services must be turned on and available on your phone for the app to be able to use them. This may increase battery consumption.
have full network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
run foreground serviceAllows the app to make use of foreground services.