How to Root MTK6575 phone?

Forums General How to Root MTK6575 phone?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  warmend 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

stoicab10

Hello

I would like to use a few f-droid apps  on my chinese android phone but I don’t know how to root it.

The model is W007, MTK6575 with android 4.0.3

Can anyone help me root this model?

Thanks

daithib8

General rooting program via giant Chinese search engine Baidu http://shouji.baidu.com/root/home.html. Website is in Chinese. Not FOSS to my knowledge. Rooting methods such as SuperOneClick are also not FOSS: I heard from the author that he would like to publish the code but it needs cleaning up.

stoicab10

Thanks a lot. I’ll try the chinese version first.

stoicab10

I used google to translate the website and I managed to install the chinese rooting program but everything is in chinese so I have no idea how to root the phone…

I’ve also tried SuperOneclick but it stops at STEP 7 during the rooting process.

daithib8

Try rebooting the computer. I’ve tried Superonclick on GNU/Linux via Mono and it didn’t work so I assume you are using Windows: rebooting might help with drivers. I only have experience with phones that I can flash a recovery with, either via fastboot or nvflash, though once with SuperOneClick on Windows. You should try and see if fastboot mode is available on your phone; then you can build TWRP recovery for it and flash. Some phones might even support $ adb root (adb is the debug tool in Android SDK, where you will also find fastboot)

I found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460 on XDA , root for ICS+ : it’s a shell script plus other stuff without source code. I wouldn’t recommend it but I don’t know of any other FOSS way, if fastboot or adb don’t work.

Kenderik

General rooting Chinese  program  Baidu http://shouji.baidu.com/root/home.html Works. first i try to click ont the buttom left, i think that it made a backup of the aplications installed, and then after finish  this operations click on the button that shows in screen, after this i dont know what it made but appeared abig button called ROOT, click on that button and it made its job, then my QBEX AVA757 rebooted successfully.

On my Qbex i see an aplication installed like the image on the page . TNKS daithib8 it works on MTK6575 with android 4.0.3.

PD:The version Android change to 4.0.4

stoicab10

Thank you for your help but I finally managed to root my phone with TPSparkyRoot.

Kenderik

tank you too

julioazar

Hi…i  have MTK6575 phone and i cant root it. I try all type of resorurces on the web this is the specific about this smartphone. Really impossible to root!!

Manufacturer: alps

Model: e1901_v77_jbl1

Brands : alps

Board: e1901_v77_jbl1

hardware: mt6577

Product e1901_v77_jbl1

Bootloader : unknown

RADIO: Maui.11AMD.W12.22.SP.V15.P2    2012/12/20

CPU ABis : armeabi-v7a armeabi

Kernel Version: Linux version 3.4.0

Gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC)

OpenGl ES version : 2.0

Processor ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)

Cores: 2 (enabled: 1)

CPU Speed 1.0gz (idles at 250,2 MHZ)

CPU implementer ARM

CPU Part Cortex -A9

CPU Variant 3

Hardware MT6567

Revision 65fb8a00

Serial :000000000000000000

CPU features

edsp

fastmult

half

neon

swp

thumb

tls

vfp

vfpv3

Is really impossible to root and cant flash recovery , cant flash system, cant flash boot . How to study open system android when this system is total closed? Thanks for Help.

pfalcon

Just wanted to write that I have pretty similar phone to julioazar. Indeed, quick rooting attempts don’t work. I actually found a thread on xda-developers with another megabytes of ugly binary blobs for rooting, and wanted to try that after scrutiny, but so far didn’t for few weeks.

All in all, we should expect appearance of unrootable devices, which once again reinforces need for projects like http://f-droid.org/forums/topic/friendly-project-prefixlinux-android/

warmend

have you tried this method ? framaroot ? but its not open source!!! :(

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in