linphone

Forums Submissions Complete linphone

Tagged: 

This topic contains 46 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  eldoreez 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

daithib8

OK. The problem was with paths. Now the problem is dexclassloaders in submodules/externals/webrtc/modules/video_capture/main/source/android/java/org/webrtc/videoengine/VideoCaptureDeviceInfoAndroid.java. F-Droid scans for them as they can be used to load other programs. Unfortunately we don’t have a way of letting them through.

There isnt

Is it OK to use the SILK codec?

daithib8

Apk is finally available. Has zrtp x264 x86 but no h264 or silk. there is xml is custom rules fr changing package id so we could have done to differentiate it but I just appended fdroid to the version name.

daithib8

Not so fast! Apparently the build flags didn’t work at all! Apologies to anybody who downloaded it. The changes to fix it are in a new Build Version but it doesn’t build, so I’m going to disable the app.

eldoreez

Thanks for figuring it out and pushing the latest build.

daithib8

Hope you find the sound quality without the non free codecs to be acceptable.

eldoreez

I think that’s OK. I should still test it, but the Speex and similar codecs are very high quality. And anyways F-Droid shouldn’t be shipping non free codecs.

geileszeuch

Was GCM patched out? Or does GCM not rely on Google services and is FOSS?

daithib8

The GCM client library is indeed FOSS, so it doesn’t need to be patched out. But unless Google Play Services app is installed too,there won’t be any communication with Google (even though the preference checkbox is enabled). I think it was referred to earlier in this thread.

eldoreez

Linphone 2.3.2 is now released. I’m looking forward to this update as >2.3 supports “Transport configuration per sip account”, which is important when you use TLS/ZRTP for OSTel account and UDP without encryption for a SIP server to call landlines.

Are we still having trouble building Linphone? I looked at the sources to bump the version number, but I see very complicated calls and two disabled builds:
    Build:2.2.0.2-fdroid,2202
    disable=wip – just needs new makefile patch at 1c3e19eb983

Build:2.2.1.1,2211
    disable=doesn’t build because NDK r9b/r9c are broken – error: undefined reference to ‘log2f’

I could bump it to 2.3.2, but I’m not sure if it’s worth making a PR as it is..

eldoreez

Not sure where to take this up, so I’ll just it here. From https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/org.linphone :
    “Anti-Feature: Non-Free dependency. Linphone uses Google Cloud Messaging, which is a free software library but only works if the user has a Google account on their phone.”

I contacted Linphone devels on this issue and their answer was:
    http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/linphone-developers/2014-10/msg00013.html
    “Google Cloud Messaging isn’t a chat library, but a push notification library. It can be removed from Linphone safely and won’t break the chat, it will just prevent linphone to receive push notifications.”

Bottom line: we can drop GCM from our Linphone build so as to make Linphone free of anti-features.

eldoreez

Linphone seems to have been removed from the repo. Is there a reason for that?

krt

See https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/org.linphone for detailed notices why which build currently fails. We have a waiting merge request at https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroiddata/merge_requests/447 and we do support r10d now. However, last thing I heard the last version doesn’t build with r10d either, but I don’t know what exactly went wrong. I can give it a try later today and enable it if it works, but if it doesn’t, I most likely don’t have the time to fix the build.

krt

eldoreez

I see. Thanks a lot for sharing this info!

human02

Hi, Why was the linphone sip calling app removed from F-droid?
    I searched for this,but I didn’t find a reason why.
    Thanks for your good work with F-droid.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

The forum ‘Submissions Complete’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Posted in