Cool Mic is an open source Icecast source client. It livestreams audio captured by your Android device’s microphone or mic in / line in jack. It can stream to any Icecast server in the open-source audio formats Ogg/Opus and Ogg/Vorbis. It has many features and a simple, easy to use interface (see screenshots). Cool Mic aims to be the best way to livestream quality audio from your smartphone or tablet.
- Streams live audio from microphone or mic/line jack to any Icecast 2.x server
- Configurable metadata (Title, Artist) sent to Icecast
- Easy sharing of your unique livestream URL
- Auto-reconnect feature
- Input gain (input volume) slider
- Graphical VU meter with adjustable update interval
- Active listener count (current * peak/max)
- Broadcast length timer
- Supports the open source, patent free Ogg/Opus audio codec
- Supports the open source, patent free Ogg/Vorbis audio codec
- Configurable Opus * Vorbis quality level settings
- Configurable Icecast ‘source‘ username
- Configurable number of audio channels (1/Mono, 2/Stereo)
- Configurable sample rate (8000, 11025, 16000, 22050, 44100, 48000Hz)
- Configurable server port (Under “Connection”, use SERVER:PORT)
- Scan QR Code for auto-configuration
- Allows basic testing by using predefined Cool Mic Test Server configuration (CMTS)
- Prevents screen * Wi-Fi sleep mode during livestream
- Check current Cool Mic -> Android OS permissions
- Simple and easy to use interface
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid
This version requires Android ? or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.
record audioThis app can record audio using the microphone at any time.
have full network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
view network connectionsAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.