Frost is a fully functional web wrapper, with many unique and native features
* '''True multi user interactions''' - More than just an option in a settings
menu, Frost's account switcher is right in the drawer. You are one tap away from
switching accounts, and everything refreshes on the switch so that you can view
other accounts instantaneously. Furthermore, the notification service will fetch
notifications from all accounts, and will let you know which account has the new
* '''Better multitasking''' - Frost contains an overlaying web browser that can
be drawn on top of your foreground task. Open links and notifications with a
full screen view, then swipe away to get back to your previous task.
* '''Contextual awareness''' - Frost integrates additional features via long
presses. Need to copy a block of text or share a link? Long press the text. Need
to zoom into an image or download it? Long press the image!
* '''Material Design''' - Built for lollipop and up, Frost focuses strongly on
a beautiful and functional UI, and embraces material transitions and dimensions.
* '''Complete theme engine''' - Frost contains very comprehensive themes that
customize all components of the app. Frost is also the only app to support
* '''Fully opened''' - Nothing speaks for privacy more than being open sourced.
Frost is proud to be one of those apps, and can be found on github (Link in the
app's about section)
* '''Fixes the little things''' - Frost is community driven, and many tweaks
are added to address minor inconveniences and give a full native experience,
despite being a web app.
Mandatory permissions used and why:
* Internet, Network State, Wifi State - Frost fetches the pages from Facebook's
mobile website. It also needs the network state so as to limit internet usage
when you are on a metered network.
* Receive Boot Completed - Frost notifications persist on reboot, and need this
permission to be added each time.
* Vibrate - Needed to vibrate phone for notifications; this can be toggled in
* Billing - For purchasing pro and unlocking all of Frost's features
Optional permissions used and why: ''(these are only requested when they have
to be, and are disabled until then)''
* Read/write external storage - Needed to upload photos in a new status and save
photos when prompted
* Fine/coarse location - Needed for the check in option if users wish to search
for their location
* That's it! No privacy intrusion and no extra demands.
Permissions ''NOT'' used and why:
* Wakelock - Frost takes advantage of Android's Job Scheduler, and lets the
framework decide when to run background services. Frost therefore doesn't need
to constantly run in the background, nor does it force your phone to stay awake.
* Retrieve running apps - Frost has no need to access external apps or see what
else is running
* Identity - Frost manages its accounts internally and uses it solely to give
you access to your account. We don't depend on other personal information and we
don't even save your email.
* Camera - While the camera permission can be added to allow you to directly
take photos and upload them, we've decided that it would be best to allow you to
do so externally and then share the photo with Frost
''Frost is a third party app and is in no way affiliated with Facebook Inc.''
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid
This version requires Android 5.0 or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.