* Modern material interface and great user experience
* Device synchronization
* Dynamic history loading
* Multiple account support
* Compatible with all standard XMPP servers
* Sending Images and Files
* End-to-end encryption to protect your privacy
* Rich notification settings, including key phrases (with regular expressions, no less!)
* Efficient power management
With Xabber, you are free to customize the interface to a great extent, search and organize your contacts and even export your chats.
Xabber supports many extensions to XMPP protocol, called XEPs (XMPP Extension Protocols):
* RFC-3920: Core
* RFC-3921: Instant Messaging and Presence
* XEP-0012: Last Activity
* XEP-0030: Service Discovery
* XEP-0045: Multi-User Chat (partial)
* XEP-0048: Bookmarks
* XEP-0054: vcard-temp
* XEP-0059: Result Set Management
* XEP-0078: Non-SASL Authentication
* XEP-0085: Chat State Notifications
* XEP-0091: Legacy Delayed Delivery
* XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities
* XEP-0128: Service Discovery Extensions
* XEP-0138: Stream Compression
* XEP-0147: XMPP URI Scheme Query Components
* XEP-0153: vCard-Based Avatars
* XEP-0155: Stanza Session Negotiation
* XEP-0184: Message Delivery Receipts
* XEP-0191: Blocking Command
* XEP-0198: Stream Management
* XEP-0199: XMPP Ping
* XEP-0203: Delayed Delivery
* XEP-0221: Data Forms Media Element
* XEP-0224: Attention
* XEP-0237: Roster Versioning
* XEP-0280: Message Carbons
* XEP-0297: Stanza Forwarding
* XEP-0313: Message Archive Management
* XEP-0333: Chat Markers
* XEP-0359: Unique and Stable Stanza IDs
* XEP-0363: HTTP Upload
Xabber is under active development and is regularly improved.
Let’s get the record straight: unless you are using our paid services, we don’t owe you anything. The software is provided as is, with no warranty and no guarantee to work with all ill-configured servers/networks on every device with non-stock Android crippled by phone manufacturers.
We do, however, have great sympathy for any decent person who requires support, and we do try to help. You just have to ask nicely. If you are rude, make demands, feel entitled to premium service or lecture us how to behave, we kindly ask you to uninstall our app and be gone for good.
* Read F.A.Q. on our website, you’ll be amazed how many issues are already covered!
* Email is the best way to get tech support. Be nice, and we’ll do our best to provide you help. Please, describe your issue in detail. If possible, attach screenshots and debug logs that would help us understand what went wrong.
For more information visit xabber.com or follow @xabber_xmpp on Twitter.
This app has features you may not like. Learn more!
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid
This version requires Android 4.0.3 or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.
run at startupAllows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the app to slow down the overall phone by always running.
have full network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
control vibrationAllows the app to control the vibrator.
prevent phone from sleepingAllows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
modify or delete the contents of your shared storageAllows the app to write the contents of your shared storage.
view network connectionsAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
ask to ignore battery optimizationsAllows an app to ask for permission to ignore battery optimizations for that app.
take pictures and videosThis app can take pictures and record videos using the camera while the app is in use.
run foreground serviceAllows the app to make use of foreground services.
read the contents of your shared storageAllows the app to read the contents of your shared storage.