Connect to your Subsonic server and listen to your music wherever you go. Songs are cached for playback to save on your mobile bandwidth and to make them available when you have no connection at all.
- Lockscreen controls (ICS+)
- Gapless Playback (JB+)
- Notification prev/pause/next buttons
- Quick add/remove songs to playlist
- Pause playback when other apps request audio focus (navigation, etc)
- Option to gather logs and send them via email for newer versions of Android
- Drag and drop songs to rearrange your playlist on the Now Playing tab
- User defined Cache Size, Network Timeout, and Buffer Length
Subsonic is a cross-platform FOSS media server that's capable of indexing very large media collections. The server can transcode if necessary so that the app can play files that your device may not normally support.
The app is set up to access a demo server on the internet for trying it out. In order to use this app with your own Subsonic server beyond a trial period, a key must be obtained by making a donation. (A key isn't required to use the Supersonic variant.)
Recent versions of this app depend on the non-free Google Play Services library.
License: GNU General Public License v3.0
Issue Tracker: https://github.com/daneren2005/Subsonic/issues
Source Code: https://github.com/daneren2005/Subsonic
For full details and additional technical information, see this application's page on the F-Droid wiki.
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid
Version 5.0.3 (158) - Added on Oct 8, 2015
This version requires Android 4.0 or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.