showcase privacy issues in Android
PrivacyBreacher is an Android app built as a proof of concept for a research article describing the privacy issues in Android. This app can access the following information from your phone without requesting any permissions:
- Figure out at what time your phone screen turned on/off.
- Figure out at what time you plugged in or removed your phone charger and wired headphones.
- Figure out at what time you switched on/off your phone (i.e., it captures the device uptime and ACTION_SHUTDOWN broadcasts).
- Access most of your device related information like your phone model, manufacturer etc.
- Keep track of your WiFi/Mobile data usage.
- Get a list of all the apps installed on your phone.
- Construct a 3D visualization of your body movements.
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid
This version requires Android 9.0 or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.
run foreground serviceAllows the app to make use of foreground services.
Download APK 1.7 MiB PGP Signature | Build Log