Wifi Remote Play is a remote control app for the video players Media Player Classic (MPC) and VideoLan Client (VLC), allowing you to control it over a Wi-Fi network.
- Remote control for: Play, pause, skip forwards/backwards through a track, jump to any point in the track, and jump to previous/next track.
- Status shows current track, position, and length.
- Volume control, and mute.
- File browser to select new tracks, playlists video files (Media Player Classic only).
- Toggle between windowed and full screen mode.
- Controls for DVD interface (Media Player Classic only).
- Symbian version downloaded 2.5 million times since 25 January 2012 - now available for Android!
For this to work, you need to enable the web interface (for either VLC or Media Player Classic). VLC also now requires a password to be set. For your "IP Address", run "Command Prompt" on the PC where VLC or Media Player Classic is playing, and type ipconfig. It should be listed under "IPv4 Address". If you are having trouble setting up, please check out the webpage/Online Help for advice.
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid
This version requires Android ? or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.
have full network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
modify or delete the contents of your shared storageAllows the app to write the contents of your shared storage.
read the contents of your shared storageAllows the app to read the contents of your shared storage.