- The Vosk Speech To Text service can now take dictation, including in other apps, e.g. when pressing the microphone button
- Add current time skill
- Add French and Russian translations for telephone skill
- and for timer, too, though `dicio-numbers` doesn't support those languages yet
- [Vosk] Fix crash when downloading the model on old Android versions, due to missing storage permission
Dicio answers questions about:
- search: looks up information on DuckDuckGo (and in the future more engines) - Search for Dicio
- weather: collects weather information from OpenWeatherMap - What's the weather like?
- lyrics: shows Genius lyrics for songs - What's the song that goes we will we will rock you?
- open: opens an app on your device - Open NewPipe
- calculator: evaluates basic calculations - What is four thousand and two times three minus a million divided by three hundred?
- telephone: view and call contacts - Call Tom
- timer: set, query and cancel timers - Set a timer for eleven minutes
Dicio can receive input through a text box or through Vosk speech to text, and can talk using toasts or the Android speech synthesis engine. Interactive graphical output is provided by skills when they answer a question.
Each skill can be enabled, disabled or customized using the related settings screen. A dark theme is available.
The user input is interpreted by specific, yet reusable, libraries: dicio-sentences-compiler, dicio-skill and dicio-numbers.
This app has the NonFreeNet anti-feature because some skills use non-free services to obtain the information requested by the user. You can easily disable unwanted skills or choose alternative services via settings.
This app has features you may not like. Learn more!
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid
This version requires Android 5.0 or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.
have full network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
record audioThis app can record audio using the microphone while the app is in use.
modify or delete the contents of your shared storageAllows the app to write the contents of your shared storage.(9.0)
query all packagesAllows an app to see all installed packages.
read your contactsAllows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your phone. Apps will also have access to the accounts on your phone that have created contacts. This may include accounts created by apps you have installed. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.
directly call phone numbersAllows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. This may result in unexpected charges or calls. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers. Malicious apps may cost you money by making calls without your confirmation.
read the contents of your shared storageAllows the app to read the contents of your shared storage.(9.0)