* Fixed memory leaks
Features & Design considerations:
* Heavily cached but not fully offline capable. Ltt.rs makes use of JMAP’s great caching capabilities. However actions, such as marking a thread as read, need a round-trip to the server until their consequences like unread count are updated. Ltt.rs will ensure that the action itself won’t get lost even if performed while momentarily offline.
* No settings aside from account setup. Settings invite feature creep and make the app hard to maintain. Ltt.rs aims to support one specific work flow. Users who desire a different work flow may find K-9 Mail or FairEmail more suitable.
* Minimal external dependencies. Third party libraries are often of poor quality and end up being unmaintained. Therfore we will only rely on well known, well tested libraries from reputable vendors.
* Autocrypt as a first class feature¹. With its strict UX guidelines autocrypt fits right into Ltt.rs.
* Ltt.rs is based on jmap-mua, a headless email client, or a library that handles everything an email client would aside from data storage and UI. There is also lttrs-cli which uses the same library.
* When in doubt: Look at Gmail for inspiration.
¹: Planned feature
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid
This version requires Android 6.0 or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.
have full network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
prevent phone from sleepingAllows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
view network connectionsAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
run at startupAllows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the app to slow down the overall phone by always running.
run foreground serviceAllows the app to make use of foreground services.