Features, and design considerations:
* Heavily cached, but not fully offline capable. Ltt.rs makes use of JMAP’s great caching capabilities. However, marking a thread as read does a round-trip to the server to update things such as read count. The action itself won’t get lost even if performed offline.
* Account setup and done. Settings invite feature creep and its friend unmaintainability. There is one specific work flow. K-9 Mail or FairEmail is more suitable for others.
* Minimal dependencies. Only widely known, highly tested libraries from reputable vendors. Third-party libraries are often of poor quality, and end up unmaintained.
* First class Autocrypt¹. Ltt.rs fits right into its strict UX guidelines.
* Based on jmap-mua, a headless e-mail client, or a library that handles everything an e-mail client would, aside from data storage and UI. There is also lttrs-cli, which uses the same library.
* Looks to Gmail for inspiration in cases of uncertainty.
¹: Planned feature
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid
This version requires Android 6.0 or newer.
It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.
have full network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
prevent phone from sleepingAllows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
view network connectionsAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
run at startupAllows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the app to slow down the overall phone by always running.
run foreground serviceAllows the app to make use of foreground services.