Doodle is an open-source Android app that provides colorful live wallpapers with auto dark mode and power-efficient animations.
The wallpapers are based on the original Doodle live wallpaper collection of the Google Pixel 4. Additionally there is an exclusive "Material You"-inspired live wallpaper included.
The app is not just a copy of the original wallpapers, it's a complete rewrite without the permanent animations to save battery and storage space. In addition, there are many customization options to match your preferences.
- Stunning wallpaper designs and Pixel feeling
- System dependent dark mode
- Power-efficient parallax effect on page swipe or when tilting the device
- Optional zoom effects
- Direct boot support (immediately active after device restart)
- No ads and no analytics
- 100% open-source
Advantages over original Pixel 4 live wallpapers:
- Permanent animations (when tilting the device) are optional
- Support for Android 12 color extraction
- Exclusive "Material You"-inspired live wallpaper
- No battery-hungry 3D engine
- Improved text contrast (dark text for light themes instead of white text with shadow)
- Support for Android 11 zoom effect
- Many additional customization options
- Rendering works well even on less powerful devices (very efficient rendering engine)
- Also suitable for larger devices like tablets (scaling option available)
- Tiny installation size
Source code and issue tracker:
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.Download F-Droid