Play a turn based strategy game
PlanetCon is a simple turn based strategy game, of galactic conquest, similar to Konquest for Linux. It can be played by 1 to 9 players, against AI adversaries controlled by the computer, or against other people in the same device.
Players start with a planet that produces a number of ships each turn, and they can send fleets of ships in order to conquer other planets, with the final objective of conquering the whole galaxy, or to produce more ships than the opponents at the end of the last turn.
Most of the development was focused on getting an AI that can beat a human, enjoyable to play, no easily predictable, and able to run on low spec mobiles.
- Turn based strategy game.
- Generator of random galaxies.
- Players and planets distributed uniformly.
- Play against the computer, or against other people in the same device.
- AI with 5 difficulty levels (with different hostility, but no cheating).
- Optional rules with upkeep costs, planetary defense, or fog of war.
- Instructions included (but not needed in order to learn to play).
- Translated to English and Spanish.
Issue Tracker: https://github.com/dftec-es/planetcon/issues
Source Code: https://github.com/dftec-es/planetcon
For full details and additional technical information, see this application's page on the F-Droid wiki.
Although APK downloads are available below to give you the choice, you should be aware that by installing that way you will not receive update notifications, and it's a less secure way to download. We recommend that you install the F-Droid client and use that.
Version 1.1 - Added on 2017-03-17
This version requires Android 2.2 or newer.
This version is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to the source tarball below.download apk 450 kB GPG Signature
source tarball 368 kB
view permissions [⚠ 1, ⓘ 1]