F-Droid is both a repository of verified free software Android apps as well as a whole "app store kit", providing all the tools needed to setup and run an app store. It is a community-run free software project developed by a wide range of contributors. It also includes complete build and release tools for managing the process of turning app source code into published builds.
This wiki is moving!!
Right now, the wiki and manual are being folded into the new website, so please do not edit here until the migration is complete. You can follow progress here:
- How to Help
- Describes the different ways users can contribute to the F-Droid project.
- Inclusion Policy & Inclusion How-To
- Guidelines for how to request the inclusion of a new app.
- Home Page
- Community work for the f-droid.org pages (and translations)
- The Manual
- Essential reading for contributors and those setting up their own repository.
- App Development & Porting
- How to make apps run well across wide range of devices.
- Work in Progress
- Feel free to add your own topics and link to others.
- Repository Maintenance
- How to maintain the repository (including stats and todo lists!).
- What they are, and what apps have them.
- Installing the Server/Repo Tools
- How to install fdroidserver, the tools for running repos and build servers.
- Setup an FDroid App Repo
- How to setup your own repository of apps that users can easily add to their FDroid client to get your apps directly from the source.
- Build Server Setup
- How to setup the complete f-droid.org build setup on your own machine.
- Known Repositories
- A list that tries to keep track of known f-droid compatible repositories.
- Release Channels and Signing Keys
- These are the various channels that FDroid software are released on, with info to verify them based on signing keys.
- Security Model
- A brief explanation of all the pieces that let F-Droid deliver software to users securely
- Privileged Extension
- How to use F-Droid Privileged Extension as a user and rom developer
Editing this Wiki
You can use your existing F-Droid credentials to log in here. To edit the wiki, however, you will need to confirm your email address via your Preferences (OpenID users may have to specify it in their profile first).
Please use the Discussion tab at the top of the screen for any suggestions (which can be signed with a "~~~") or post in the forums.
Note that all the app-related pages on this wiki are auto-generated, so don't edit them!, because your changes will just be overwritten later.