The place to translate f-droid.org is now Weblate: https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/f-droid
Welcome to the F-Droid wiki!
If you already have an account on the website you can use the same credentials to log in here. To edit the wiki, however, you will need to confirm your email address via 'My preferences'
- How to Help – Describes the different ways users can contribute to the F-Droid project.
- Inclusion Policy – What's required before f-droid.org can distribute an app.
- Home Page – Community work for the f-droid.org pages (and translations)
- The Manual – Essential reading for contributors and those setting up their own repository.
- App Development – Tips and tricks.
- Work in Progress – Feel free to add your own topics and link to others.
Note that all the app-related pages on this wiki are auto-generated, so don't edit them! – if you edit them your changes will just be overwritten later. Please use the Discussion tab at the top of the screen for any comments (which can be signed with a "~~~") or post in the forums.
- All applications – all packages are recorded twice: under their default name and their package name.
- Can't update – these need updates, but we can't do it: usually for technical reasons or because the current version is inaccurate – see the app page for the reason.
- Missing source code – these are missing source code or have begun to include proprietary libraries that we can't easily remove – again, see the app page for particulars. Attempts to engage with the developers can be documented in the discussion tab.
- Need updating - these apps need updates – we don't have the current version (the latest version recommended by the developers for general use and FOSS). Note that, for most apps, we do automatic checks for new versions. The checks are not flawless, however: developers can forget to tag a release; source code may have been witheld or moved to a new location; repository structure changes can confuse the checks; the developer may have changed package ID on Google Play etc. Please let us know if you think that the current version is wrong.
- No packages – we have metadata for these, but no apks at all.
- No update check – these have Update Check Mode set to None, so we can't automatically know when new versions are available. We need to implement new methods of checking, and check manually in the meantime. Apps which likely won't ever be updated, or for which the author would let us know personally, don't appear here.
When adding or editing application metadata, please consult the Repository Style Guide.